Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My Apple Juice Tastes Different Today


I went out in the grass and my mom snapped pictures for not even three minutes until we had to run inside. There was this swarm of mosquitoes that darkened the sky in a murky mass, blocked out the sun, eliminated the very rays of light that lit our paths. Confused and separated, my feeble mother and I stumbled through the midday darkness and managed to pull ourselves into the garage, our hands scarred and bloody from the concrete. With the little energy I had left, I forced the door shut, but the darkness resisted to withdraw. It was silent inside, but the low thrums could be heard from the winged beasts beyond the door. I warily rose to my feet to peer out the window. Before I could take a look, the door was thrust open by an unnamed force, pushing me to the ground once more. The darkness of the bugs cleared, but a shadow was cast over my very being that sent my my heart up my throat. Tension arose. Windows shattered. Wind blew and rustled my hair into the gravity defying shape of a unicorn. It was him, and he had come. Hagrid had come to tell me that yes, I am a wizard.

But seriously, I came in and had eleven mosquito bites! Big ones, small ones, some as big as your head! This isn't fair. I'll declare a national state of emergency. I'll hand squish each and every mosquito. Or I can just spray bug spray on myself.. but that doesn't sound nearly as epic.

Is there anything that annoys you guys? And, if so, what techniques would you use to take such an annoyance out (be creative, now)?



1-- We gave our doggie a bath in this giant tub outside and he made off with the towel. He is rather extravagant.

2-- I got bored at work and gave myself a tattoo. Some lady came up to me and told me I should be a tattoo artist. I was flattered. While she complimented me, her boyfriend was all behind her rubbing and groping her arms awkwardly. Mmm, arm gropage. Get some.

3-- Yesterday, I saw this awesome bumblebee who was not moving at all and being a great model for me to take pictures of. All the other bees were busy bee-ing (ahahhahaa) busy. Today, I walked by the same flower bush and discovered that Mr. Bee was still in the same spot. I warily approached and poked it. Upon close observation, I discovered two things: one, that this bee was very fuzzy, and two, that this bee was deceased. He died doing what he did best, folks, and I hope to die the same way he did: merrily eating flowers


Top: Walmart
Skirt: Forever 21
Shoes: Urban Outfitters
Necklace: vintage, gifted by gramma Nami


21 comments:

monica said...

crisp and clean - love the outfit!

totally feel ur pain regarding mosquito bites btw

Jen said...

i literally laughed out loud when i got to hagrid. man, if only hagrid would come and tell me i'm a wizard. i'm pretty sure i'd marry that crazy, hairy, half-giant beast <3

i hope your mosquito bites disappear soon! they're absolutely miserable. at least you looked adorable in that outfit while you were getting bit :P

Noelle Chantal said...

that cloud of mosquitoes sounds scary! and your dog is super cute! hope you had a wonderful afternoon! :)

Charmalade said...

I always love reading about your adventures. Is it weird that when I read about Hagrid invading your home, then saw that picture of your dog, the two just connected in my head? I mean, your dog is adorable and mighty hairy, much like Hagrid. Jes' sayin'.

If you recall in one of my recent posts, I can all too much relate to bugs attacking you. :( I mean, at least you looked cute doing it? That's some consolation. Right? Right.

PS: This summer I'm all about package swap. Or just connecting with bloggers in general, rather. Would you be interested? Lemme know, madame.

Toast with Charmalade

Cheyne said...

Adoring the stripes. So into that whole thing lately!

I wish you had henna and lived close to me so you could draw some mad crazy designs on my hands!

I have mosquitoes who bite me in the same area (my knee, for example) around four different times, so then my skins is all welted and swollen. It's what I give for living in the south, haha.

Cheyne.

Rebecca Clairine said...

simple but cute outfit !
pretty <3 .

check my new post, :D
xoxo,
Rebecca
http://rebeccaclch.blogspot.com

LyddieGal said...

I love that defiant look in your puppy's eyes, that "That's right, I took this so you would chase me. Now chase me, damn it!"

Sorry you aren't really a wizard, I was hoping.

libys11 said...

aaahhhhh mosquito season is here. i firmly believe that if it isn't snow that's falling from the sky, it's mosquitoes that are swarming the air here in winnipeg! aaccck!! load up on the repellant!

looking so cute in that striped top!! love the shape of the skirt too!

Animated Confessions

Rebecca Clairine said...

thx for ur sweet comment on my post :)

keep updating,
xoxo,
Rebecca
http://rebeccaclch.blogspot.com

Lexy @ Quirky Explosion said...

Hahha. I love how you so eloquently explained the mosquito situation. (Seriously. It was quite beautiful.) mosquitos definitely annoy me. I strongly believe the whole "OH, but we NEED the mosquitos" is DEFINITELY fiction.

And your arm tattoo is THE BOMB. For real! My sister gives herself tats all the time, but yours trumps hers. (But SHHH.. Don't tell her.)


Thanks so much for stopping by!
QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

elke said...

that skirt is sooooo cute!
nice post :)
great blog btw!

come visit mine sometime?

www.makeandbelieve-elke.blogspot.com

x

rebecca said...

I love your skirt! And seriously, I'll help with the mosquito plight. I hate them!!

http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

Dorothy Souhuwat said...

i like your neklace..

wanna exchange link and follow me??

Sarah said...

yikes, thats so scary about the mosquitos! hope your bites recover! Pics look really cute though! I love the stripes and nautical vibe xx

♥ √ČriS ♥ said...

hi my name is erica and I found ur blog in other blog

I just love here its so cute
your pics so great too :)
come back visit me
xoxoxo

Jesa said...

Pretty!!!

Really lovely blog!
Cheers, Jesa

Rebecca Clairine said...

thx for ur sweet comment ! :D

keep updating,
xoxo,
Rebecca
http://rebeccaclch.blogspot.com

anton belardo said...

i was staring at the picture of your
dog..
at first i thought i was some sort of lamb-ish
creature ahaha

super cute

cute outfit dear

muuuuuaaaaah
kissses A.

Jasmine said...

ugh mosquitos are so pesky! but i'm glad you got a few shots before they swarmed before you! i love your red striped top! i have been in the search for a similar one! as i was reading, i was like at the edge of my seat but i loled when i got to hagrid hehe :)

Martwa Marta said...

love your dog!!! :D

jess said...

Cute necklace. I hate mosqiotoes