Thursday, December 3, 2009

Drawing Out Loud

"Mannequins," sharpie, 2008



"Those Lovely Bones," Sharpie, 2009



"Erosion," Sharpie and ink, 2008


"Pine cone," sharpie, 2008



Some of the freehand sharpie art I've done in the past year or so. It's funny, these all started as assignments that I just wanted to get over with, but then they ended up as being some of my favorite drawings ever. They're all a lot bigger than they appear, except for the top one, which is just two sketchbook pages. The pinecone is about three feet tall and the mannequins about two feet wide. I love to do lines-- they're just so expressive, imaginary, and can evoke such strong statements, plus you can do just about anything with them!

Just last week before Thanksgiving break my teacher asked my to design a logo for her embroidery company that she's starting. I was so honored, oh my goodnesss! I thought, "what a wonderful way to test myself!" even though she never paid me. I'd feel bad if I asked for her to pay me, besides, it was just a test to see if I could do it. So, I made this for her and she liked it. She asked me to edit some things, although I liked the original best out of all the edits:

No comments: