Friday, January 8, 2010

Soul Cake


Old sketchbook pictures done in 2009 that I needed to upload. My camera did the first one no justice. It actually looks more like the actual thing when it's shrunk down since it looks so blurry, so try walking away from your computer and then looking at it. It was a sketchbook assignment where we had to draw a form underneath something, so I stuck a wet paper towel to my mom's face and took a picture. From her frown and shocked face I could tell that she was so willing to help me in my artsy venture! The second picture was just for fun one boring day in art class when we had a lecture, hoo hoo.

2 comments:

Jen Hsieh said...

i love your sketches and doodles :) your mom must have loved having that wet paper towel stuck to her face haha

Ali Hval said...

Awwww! Thank you! :'( <33 && yes, she enjoyed it so much. :D she's always my test subject, poor thing.