Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Poof! I Did It Again



_____As I am writing this, I'm sitting in a plastic red lawn chair, listening to the backyard sprinklers, bird chirps, and the whistling of the wind through freshly-grown spring leaves. I can feel the mist from the sprinklers spit on me like the haters they are, and the sun warm my skin as if I am a frozen pastry shrugging off its iced state. The smell of the sprinklers reminds me of younger days when my older brother and I used to zoom down the Slip N' Slide in my parents' green backyard, eat copious amounts of those long, vibrant popsicles, and fill a kiddy pool to the brim with water balloons for some innocuous balloon combat with the other kidlets our cul-de-sac.

_____Ah, yes. Water balloon combat. Those were simpler days where winning and losing never mattered because the ice cream man conveniently stopped the battle with his shrillish siren song for a peaceful dessert break.


Poof

_____I suppose I'm feeling ultra nostalgic lately since I know I'll be moving states since I've finally decided where I'll be attending graduate school: The University of Iowa. It's a solid thirteen hours from the generally warm land of Alabama, and the weather between the two are as similar as a pillow and a chunk of mortar, or a slab of butter and a goose egg, or sugar-free chocolate and regular tasty chocolate. Nonetheless, I'm excited for what this new friggin' chilly place will bring!

_____I was lucky enough to earn three years of free tuition, three years as a paid teaching assistant, and a scholarship on top of that. Deciding between schools was tough, especially since the other two I was looking at were much closer to home and offered very similar funding, but something about Iowa screamed, "You know you want to freeze your butt off in the winter. YOU KNOW YOU DO."

_____It can get as cold as -20 degrees up there... ehhehhehhhhh.



_____I digress. I'll enjoy one final summer of enjoying months of warm weather, short skirts, and sandals while I can. At least I'll be able to wear poofballs in my hair year round. Seriously, best purchase ever.

_____#pooflife #poofsarefloofy #motherpoofinpoofball


_____(Mysterious underground fairy tunnel or rodent home? Only you can decide.)

Top: Charlotte Russe (similar)
Skirt: c/o ForElyse
Heels: ASOS (exact)
Earrings: Charming Charlie
Choker: ASOS (shop similar)
Drop necklace: Charming Charlie
Poofball hair accessory: Amazon

5 comments:

Frannie Pantz said...

Well as you describe a lovely spring/summer day . . . there is snow outside my office window. Argh. So over it. Iowa, huh? That is a difference from Alabama! Although I have never been to either. Good luck! You look like a lovely summer mermaid in this gorgeous maxi skirt!

LyddieGal said...

Congrats on getting into graduate school! I think it's great that you chose to break away from home and the familiar to brave a new place on your own. Good luck in the winter!
Chic on the Cheap

jess said...

Congrats on grad school. I hope you like Iowa.
The poofball is so cute!

BABALUCCIA said...

""""I LOVE A DRESS COLOR"""" you are lovely too
come to visit me
To me new post
TORINO COMICS 2016
babaluccia.blogspot.com
bloglovin

Styleofblonde said...

Wow, that's such a wonderful outfit! The color of the skirt is amazing.