Saturday, April 2, 2016

Post-Op Patience

Halle Flowers

______Well kids, I survived my septoplasty surgery that took place a week and a half ago (which hopefully explains my missing presence on all of your blogs). I've been taking it easy propped up in bed for the past week, alternating hot and cold liquids down my windpipe, feeling accomplished when I can eat a diced up banana in under half an hour, and getting physically drained and utterly sleepy after eating. I was basically an infant. An infant with sick bruises under her eyes and a penchant for mushy peas.

______Seriously. Food has been a trial and so has keeping my eyes open. You think surgery inside your nose wouldn't affect your chewing, but nope! Your mouth sure does move your nostrils around quite a bite. 

______The past ten days have been annoyingly exhausting even though I've been doing little to nothing. I'm finally getting to the point where I can eat slightly less mushy things (aka food that isn't baby food or frozen yogurt) and get up and move around the house. I thought the first couple of days post-op would be paradise streaming Netflix and drawing whilst propped up in bed, but all I wanted to do was sit upright with my eyes closed since I was so tired all the time. There wasn't really any pain--the worst of it was The Sore Throat That Thy Demon Lord Satan Cast Upon Me that wouldn't go away for eight days. But I know being able to breathe through both my nostrils will be so so worth it in the end! I can already feel the effects of it.


______That all being said, I want to apologize for being so inactive on my blog and with commenting and keeping up with you guys' lives; I am definitely back on that starting...

______...

______...

______...NOW!
6:23am

______P.S. That is Gunner, and he was my snuggle buddy while I was in bed. Quite a handsome lad, I must say.

3 comments:

Frannie Pantz said...

I am so glad to hear you are recovering well. I can't imagine the ordeal! I have never had surgery *knocks on wood* but I would think the first few days would be amazing too . . . but that is because I have never endured recovery from surgery. I am glad that you are going to be getting back to regular food soon. Take care of yourself and get some rest!

Rachel said...

Well I'm very, very glad you survived. The most dramatic medical thing that's every happened to me was getting all 4 wisdom teeth out, and they didn't even put me under, which makes it a much more simple procedure. Recovery was still rough, though, I didn't eat really anything for nearly a week. Not eating is not very fun because food is good.

Lorna said...

oh this look on the doggy <3

Take care girl xxx

http://lornasharp.blogspot.com