Sunday, May 6, 2012

Happy As Can Bee

Bee2Bee6Bee5Bee1
Bee7Bee3Bee


______Hey, how many pictures can I take where I'm looking to the side and not smiling? Apparently all of them! Sorry for the angry/fierce stares of doom that I've got going on. I promise I'm in a happy mood. I'm just as happy as a jubilent little bumblebee in a hive full of honey. No, really--I'm all done with exams and my freshman year of college, so what excuse would I have to not be happy? Exactly. These pictures are merely an illusion. A lie. A stripe-y and yellow-y lie.


______Last night, I saw The Avengers with two friends and my brother and it was amazing. I'm not going to say anything in case any of you haven't seen it yet, but yeah, it was just plain ballin'. And there was so much man eye-candy (Captain America's bootay, anyone? Or how about Hawkeye's perfectly sculpted arms?). And Robert Downey Jr. was his precious and witty self as usual, of course. I'll stop here and spare you any more ramblings before things get too out of hand.


______Even earlier on Thursday, mother dearest and I went out to do a little shopping and got pedicures for the first time in what seemed like months. The guy who gave me mine was sort of hilarious--he said some silly things, one of them being about the massage chair: "You can turn off the butt massage with the button at the bottom. The chair tends to get a little perverted. It has a mind of its own." He spit out a bunch of other clever things, too. I don't know, I just appreciate when people actually have personalities; it seems that they can be hard to find in people these days. Maybe it's just me. I always try to be happy and friendly, and it's nice when someone else does it in return! Heck, sometimes if a cashier or a worker seems bored with their life, I'll tell them that their hair is really pretty or that I love their earrings or something with the hopes that it will cheer them up and maybe make them a little more friendlier in the future. 


______Anyway, I hope that everyone is having a nice start to their summer (or end to their school year... or just a generally nice time)!


Bee4


Dress-tunic: Ross Dress for Less 
Shoes: Palladium 
Necklace, earrings: Charming Charlie's, land of fabulous jewelry
Cuff: Lulu*s

28 comments:

Unknown said...

lovely, you look like a fierce honey bee!

Chelsea Finn said...

Love the stripes! You pull them off perfectly. Those yellow shoes are so cool!

<3Chelsea Elizabeth

Brooke said...

Love the outfit! Ahhhhg. I want those shoes. And I really want to see the avengers :c

xoxo
~Brooke {via thedovetree.blogspot.com}

Anonymous said...

I love that you can pull off the on-trend sporty shoes. This look is fab! I'm your newest follower, your blog is fun to read.
xx
stylesplice.blogspot.com

Elanor said...

i ALWAYS make the "looking off to the side/not smiling" face... xD it's okay! hehe

i haven't seen the avengers! i actually don't have any idea what it's about at all! but i enjoy robert downey jr so maybe i'll see it!

by the way, you seem like such a sweet person, ali... i would love to meet you one day! <3

Heather said...

I just love that necklace- so gorgeous!

XO
www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

Fashionthrougthravel said...

Love the bumblebee act, so cute!
Can't wait to see The Avengers, everybody is talking wonders about it!

The Dragonfruit said...

Haha, well you are looking fierce alright! Gorgeous too. I just love those highlighter shoes :D (that is my personal nickname for them).
And you have so much better self-control. I'd probably be jumping up and down with exams done!
Ooooh, and girl I want to see the Avengers! Haha, sounds like some good eye candy alright ;)
Aww, and we need more people like you and that guy. Haha, I know what you mean! Not enough people are outgoing or cheerful. Keep up your infectious bubbliness! :)
I know it makes me smile through reading your posts haha

Trendy Teal

LyddieGal said...

Congrats on finishing your exams and on owning the most perfect striped dress!!

I saw the avengers this weekend too, and how could you forget to mention the gorgeousness of Chris Hemsworth... I mean, the eyes, the hair, the arms... I die.

Chic on the Cheap

Bonnie said...

LOVE the dress. The stripes look great on you. Sometimes, these stripes can be tricky because they make a person look wider, but you are so skinny that you can pull them off well. :) LOVELOVELOVELOVE the shoes, especially. Neon kicks are a must.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Bola said...

Hey

I also want to see the Avengers! I am happy you had a wonderful weekend with your family. I have been on the lookout for a casual stripped dress just like the one you have.

Love it!

http://thelilacdream.blogspot.com

Nicole said...

I LOVE your outfit!!!

Teng said...

I guess everyone has its own awkward post! I also get bit annoid when noticing all my photos facing same direction and angle :P

Lacee Swan said...

love the yellow shoes with the black and white stripes!

Marie McGrath (The Joy of Fashion) said...

LOVE this outfit so so much! You look BEE-autiful (ahhaha, couldn't help myself). Avengers was cool wasn't it?!?! Yes, lots of man candy indeed. hehehe.

www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

I always have serious pictures too haha

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

joy said...

I am still loving the bright yellow shoes, looks great with the stripes and the statement necklace is gorgeous! (haha I want it!)

LOL, getting a pedicure must have been so much funner with the hilarious guy saying funny things :P

Sarah Mendelsohn said...

great outfit, i love the sneakers! gives your look a sporty chic look. wonderful blog :) xx

www.ahitofsarah.net

jess said...

I love the colors.

Jen ♥ said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by!

I'm not sure I could be more in love with a dress! It's SO fierce!! Love the yellow shoes too! They kinda match my nail polish :o)

Kim said...

I love your shoes!!

www.kimgodschalk.com

monica said...

i love how much the yellow shoes pop against the striped dress

TRUE ZWETA said...

u look great my dear;)Follow u now hope u follow me back much love
http://truezweta.blogspot.de

Unknown said...

I totally love your neon sneaker and stripes xoxo
would you like to follow each other?
A
xx
http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

Marissa D said...

love your outfit so much! i follow you!spread the love back!

Dominica Gerstner said...

You look pretty:)! I love your neon shoes.

anton belardo said...

mani pedi day with love ones are the best! just got one with my sis we do it every two weeks
i love the dress on you you look really lovely


miss you


kisses A.

Dee {Strings and Buttons} said...

Gorgeous dress! And you definitely wear it well! I've yet to try the yellow and black, but your outfit's convinced me to do it soon! x