Monday, December 7, 2015

Stuck In The Middle

RedRed

______Hello, butterbeans! I feel like I haven't posted in such a long while. Lately, I feel that everything I'm doing is in that awkward in-between stage, i.e. grad school applications, art projects, and attempting to clean out my closet. Just imagine that all those things are in middle school, confused, experimental, and wearing too much Hot Topic, and I'm trying to push them to high school.  We're talking jelly bracelets, knee-high striped socks, and a streak of pink hair.

______On the bright side, if I'm in the middle that means I'm already halfway there! I'm going to make like Salt n' Pepa and Push It.  Was that lame?

RedRed
Red

______So yeah, everything feels like its in limbo, sort of like this curious sweater thing that doesn't know if it wants to be a turtleneck or a crop top.  Because when you live in the South in December, you can wear these sorts of things.  A high of sixty-four degrees today, folks.  I'm not gonna lie that I love it.

Red

Top: KnowStyle
Skirt: Charlotte Russe (similar)
Ring: vintage
Tights: similar
Boots: Lucky Brand (similar)

11 comments:

Frannie Pantz said...

I'm sorry that you are having a case of the blahs--hopefully it surpasses as the holidays get nearer. I love your crop top/turtleneck/sweater thing. And the color scheme here is GAWGEOUS DAHLING!

Unknown said...

Casual but very cool!

Gemma
TaipeiStyle

Lostvestige said...

Ahh! That shuttle necklace, too cute!! In between stages are always weird, But it will pass soon :D

Jen Hsieh said...

Sometimes in limbo is the best place to be, because as stressful as it can get it's also so DAMN EXCITING. So many possibilities awaiting you on the other side. You got this, grl. Just keep powering through. <3

Kristian said...

I love all the bling and - lol, yes, that sweater is the sort of thing you can get away with wearing in the South! Good luck as you get everything all sorted out.

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

great look! so cozy and this long warm tee - what a charm!

Lyosha
Inside and Outside Blog

CM said...

Love the inusual shape of your sweater! It's an interesting combination (:
Thanks for your comment on my blog!

www.caterina-m.blogspot.com

LyddieGal said...

I am completely entranced by that cuff of yours, it looks like a pool of liquid gold, and it might be a portal to another universe.

Lily Fang said...

Ah, it's definitely hard to be in limbo. I can't say enough, though, how much I admire you for doing the unconventional and dedicating yourself to your art. Keep persevering!

I also love this color and silhouette combo. Maroon and gray are perfect, and that top is just the coolest thing!


Much love always <3

imperfect idealist

The Dragonfruit said...

Your weather updates always make me snarl a little bit...lol as I like to inform you through Snapchat :P Next 60+ degree weather report you send me you may just get a closeup of that...
-_-
Aha, but I can't blame you for taking advantage of it! That hi-low top is so awesome - love that it's a sweatery rib knit material too. Reminiscent of winter in some ways haha.
Dude. I read the "Make like Salt n' Pepa and push it" line and started laughing outloud. Oh Ali. Always getting me with your word play.
Also, totally want to make a word art piece using that line 0_o If I end up making it I'll have to send a copy to you! xD

Hope this stuck in limbo time will pass quickly! I imagine it must be an awkward spot to be for now, but it's all part of the journey!

Gosh I sound corny.
Okay, I need to go to sleep now.
(can you tell I'm slightly delirious from dead week?) ^^'


The Dragonfruit Diaries

Win a $42 eyeshadow palette from Ipsy!

Anonymous said...

hi